The Industry Forum and Exhibition (IF&E) Program Committee of IEEE ICC2016 solicits proposals for industrial panel sessions to provide opportunities for the practicing professionals to both share and learn about the latest ideas, trends, and product innovations in the broader communications and networking industries. IEEE ICC2016 will be held on 23-27 May 2016 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and is sponsored by the IEEE Communications Society.
Industry panel sessions are 90-minute moderated discussions on a specific topic of interest which are scheduled between Tuesday-Thursday of the conference (24-26 May 2016).
A submission to include
- A Panel Session Leader with a commitment to arrange the specific topic of interest;
- 3-5 Panel Session Speakers with a commitment to join in under the specific topic.
Panels are an important component of ICC 2016 to bring together industry and researchers from around the world for an interactive discussion among the panel members and the participants on focused topics.
Before submitting a panel proposal, the organizer of a panel is expected to contact all the proposed panel members and get their agreement to serve as a panel member. A list of questions to be discussed in the panel should be made available to all the panel members well ahead of time for them to prepare their response. Each panel typically allows a certain amount of time for each panel member to present their response before an open discussion is opened to the floor.
The panel proposal should include:
- Title for the proposed panel session
- Name, affiliation and email address of the Panel Session Leader
- Short biography of the Panel Leader
- 200-500 word abstract indicating a desired program component and submission track(s)
- Names, affiliations, brief description/short biography of the Panel Speakers Intended to invite
Interested participants should submit proposals to the IF&E Chair Khaled B. Letaief <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Panel Proposal Deadline: 30 November 2015
- Acceptance Notification: To be announced.
- Final Speakers/Program: 1 March 2016
- Presentation Materials Due: 1 April 2016
- Industry Program Dates: 24 – 26 May 2016