Most nationalities do not require visas for social or business visits to Malaysia. Visitors to Malaysia must be in possession of a valid passport or travel document with a minimum validity of six months beyond the period of stay. Nationals from countries which require a visa can apply through the nearest Malaysian overseas mission (or log onto www.imi.gov.my) by submitting the following documentation:
- Visa application form with three (3) passport-sized photographs
- National passport with remaining validity not less than six (6) months
- Letter of introduction or invitation letter
Please check the following website to ascertain if you require a visa for your visit to Malaysia:
To apply for a visa to visit Malaysia, please visit this site:
Visa Assistance from IEEE Communications Society
Technical Paper Authors can generate their Visa Assistance Letters from ComSoc through EDAS.
- Log into EDAS and find your paper.
- Toward the bottom of the page, you will find in the properties column the words "visa letter", and beside it, an image of an envelope outlined in yellow.
- Click on this envelope, and you will be able to confirm or change your address information reflected in the letter.
- The system will then automatically generate the letter for your use.
All other participants (i.e., speakers, committee members), including authors needing a printed copy letter should follow the instructions listed at the COMSOC Visa Assistance Website.
*Please note there will be a 25 USD mailing fee for hard copy requests.
**Please note that we will not respond to requests submitted after 6 May 2016.